Photo credit: Ironman
Noosa Triathlon takes over the idyllic Sunshine Coast town this weekend as close to 10,000 athletes take the start line on one of the multisport events over the weekend.
Whether you're one of the 8500 taking part in the triathlon on Sunday, or you're just along to soak up the atmosphere and cheer on club mates, we've got the inside guide for you.
We asked Noosa Triathlon Club's Tim Rook for the local's guide to Noosa:
- Best coffee: Providore, Hastings Street
- Best breakfast spot: Café Le Monde, Hastings Street
- Best way to spend spare time:
- Walk the National Park to Hells Gate;
- Stand up paddleboard on the river;
- Take a kayak through the Everglades (there are only 2 in the world); or
- Grab a gelato & a good book and head to the beach!
As for the main event, there has been no official start list published for the professional field, but we know that Queenslanders Ashleigh Gentle and Dan Wilson will be there defending their titles. They will be joined by Gillian Backhouse, Sarah Crowley and Liz Blatchford (making her return after the birth of her daughter earlier this year).
The men's field will include Queenslanders Luke Willian, Jake Montgomery and Josh Amberger.
You can keep up to date with all the results from Noosa by downloading the app here.