> Home Page > State Associations > ACT > Events > Winter Series (Cross Aquathlon)
Cross Aquathlon (This is not a Sanctioned race, this is a community training event).
Date: 13th August 2023
Location: Stromlo Leisure Centre, Canberra
Distance: Trail Run 6km - Swim 600m
Pricing: FREE Entry with proof of TA registration for current 23-24 season. Online registration will close on Saturday 12th August at 5pm. Register for FREE [HERE]
Event Guide: Click [HERE]
Competitive - The Competitive Wave is for athletes seeking a thrilling challenge and the chance to showcase their skills in a spirited competition. Join this wave to test your limits, compete against fellow athletes, and push yourself to new heights.
Training (Non-competitive) - The Training Wave is designed for individuals who are focused on personal growth, fitness, and enjoying the experience of the event without the pressure of competition. Dive into this wave to train, improve your skills, and embrace the supportive and inclusive atmosphere of our event.
Registration for the Triathlon ACT Winter Series is free for all Triathlon Australia members registered for the 2023-24 season. To secure your spot in the race, complete this registration form. Select your preferred category (competitive or training) as this helps us organise waves, ensuring a fair and enjoyable racing experience. Go to the registration page [HERE].
Upon arrival at Stromlo Leisure Centre, move to transition and get your name marked off the manifest by a Volunteer between 6am-6.45am, race brief at 6.50am sharp.
Use this race to practice your normal race equipment setup. Take note, the run course is all dirt fire trails around Stromlo Forrest Park, trail shoes are advised but not compulsory if you run to the conditions. Swimming cap is required for the pool.
7:00am Transition opens
7:45am Transition closes
7:50am Event Briefing
8:00am Male Competitive wave starts
8:10am Female Competitive wave starts
8:20am Male Training wave starts
8:30am Female Training wave starts
8:40am Spare wave
Schedule above is a draft and subject to change as entry numbers are finalised, there may be a need for additional waves or waves combined. Once the last runner has entered the pool, transition will open for equipment collection.
- Gather between the fence posts that separate Stromlo Forest Park and the leisure centre.
- On the signal "go," head onto the main fire trail, turning right to begin the adventure.
- Climb up to the first major intersection (two-way path), as you'll pass through this point again later.
- Stay right, run around the spur line, and take a sharp left turn for an uphill section back to the two-way intersection.
- Traverse along the front of Mt Stromlo, enjoying a gentle downhill back to the base of the mountain.
- Pass through another major intersection leading back to Stromlo Leisure Centre.
Transition to Swimming:
- Exit the fire trail, turn right through the starting fence, and head to the transition area.
- Follow the cones guiding you into the pool area for the swimming segment.
- No diving allowed. A drop method will be used to ensure fairness and safety.
- Swim a distance of 600m in the pool. Specifics about the swim procedure will be provided before the event.
- Exit the pool, follow the pathway past the cones, and cross the finish line.