- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Governance & Policies
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Triathlon Victoria Coach Conference 2018 - A roaring success!
- Event Organisers Seminar delivered with success
- Get ready to line up for the 2018 Australian Duathlon Championships
- Pilates for Sports joins Triathlon Victoria as Official Supplier of Strength & Conditioning
- 2018 Victorian Duathlon Series has kicked off - Race 1 results
- Packed out field to take to the course for Race 2
- Mixed Team Relay announced for Race 3 of Victorian Duathlon Series
- Positions Vacant: TRI2gether Coach Ambassadors
- Expression of Interests for Mentor Coach/Assessors for the Foundation Coach Training Program
- Club pride gets put on the line at Race 3
- Changes to the Triathlon Victoria Constitution approved
- Congratulations to all the Victorian ITU Age Group World Championship competitors
- Bumper field set for Australian Duathlon Championships
- Australian Duathlon Championships close out Duathlon Series with a packed field
- Notice of the 2018 Triathlon Victoria Annual General Meeting
- Are you ready to take the next step in your triathlon career?
- Triathlon Victoria Office Closure over Melbourne Cup
- The difference between a training activity and event
- Ringwood Father-Daughter Trio Ready to Run Rings around Ringwood
- Another Ben Allen master class at the Victorian Cross Triathlon State Championships
- Victorian Triathlon Clubs rally behind water safety this Summer
- Coach's Preview: Juniors ready to run at Runaway Bay
- Schools get ready to 'TRI2gether' in 2019
- Momentum Endurance makes water safety a priority
- Two Foundation Coach Training Programs opened
- Coach's Preview: Victoria ready to build on AJTS momentum
- Nominations now open for 2019 Triathlon Victoria Awards
- Triathlon Victoria welcomes Luke Bell as Athlete Pathway Manager
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
- Cancelled - Professional Development for Coaches and Athletes
- Triathlon Victoria Development Program - Tryouts and training day
- Duathlon Series 2017
- Welsh scores silver in Sarasota
- VACANCY: TRYstars Event Activation Volunteers & Coaches
- Nominations are now open for the 2018-19 SSV Triathlon Team
- Upcoming Events Organisers Seminar
- 2017 Notice of Annual General Meeting of Triathlon Victoria - updated
- Ringwood TC encourages all to give triathlon a go
- Technical Official Payments Policy
- TRIactive Coach Training Program
- Triathlon Victoria and SME360 are pleased with the result of the Victorian Schools Triathlon Championships
- Triathlon Victoria raises the bar in water safety
- Club racing presents vibrant programs across Victoria
- TVDP Perth Preview
- SSV are looking for a triathlon coach
- Athlete Pathway Travel Grants - NOW OPEN
- Attention cyclists: Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park 2018
- Albert Park Cyclist Bulletin #3
- TRIactive Coach Training Program - 15th April 2018
- Park Orchids PS & Jarasport TRYstars
- Barwon Heads a roaring success
- TVDP dominate interstate and at home
- Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park Bulletin #4
- Ballarat Triathlon Club ready to make waves
- Triathlon Victoria Development Camp a Success
- Event Organisers Seminar
- Nominations now open for Pierre de Coubertin Award
- Triathlon Victoria announces Dr Bridie O’Donnell as 2018 Awards guest speaker
- Performance Coach Training Program
- Inspiring Coaches, Volunteers & Athletes recognised at 2018 Triathlon Victoria Awards Breakfast
- Coach Conference for TA accrediated coaches
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Juniors/Schools > Triathlon Victoria Development Program
Triathlon Victoria Development Program
Contact Kyle Burns (Athlete Pathway Coordinator) email@example.com for questions regarding the program 0403 246 972 or the Triathlon Victorian office Sue Sharples (03) 9598 8686
Do you enjoy the challenge of triathlon and want to be the best you can be?
NOMINATION CAMP FOR 2018-19 TRIATHLON VICTORIA DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM WILL BE HELD 8th - 13th JULY 2018 at MT ELIZA - TOORAK COLLEGE
If you believe you have what it takes to be in the full program ( Development, Emerging for Talent) please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, latest race results, age & DoB and your aspirations for the coming season. Our TVDP Manager, Kyle Burns will contact you for a chat and to provide more information about the camp. Please note: There are limited spots in the full camp.
Or you’re invited to register for our Associate program experience where you get to spend a day with Triathlon Victoria’s best coaches and experience the outstanding swim, bike, run facilities of Toorak College.
This is a must experience for any budding triathlete... click here for further details
Triathlon Victoria Athlete Development Pathway
Club/Squad member – athletes starting their triathlon journey are supported to find a club/coach in their area that can support their skill development, enjoyment and progression along the pathway.
Associate member - athletes who show a keen interest in developing skills and have a commitment to racing at local events.
Development Squad - athletes who display skills and athletic ability towards the elite pathway and are beginning to race in draft-legal formats.
Emerging Squad - athletes with the skills and athletic ability to race draft-legal and are demonstrating podium results at local events
Talent Squad – athletes who display high performance skills, have a clear performance mentality and plan for future success, and feature in the top 10 at ITU draft legal events at a national level.
TVDP Mission Statement
To provide a nurturing and supportive environment for the development of athletes aged 13 to 23 years. By engaging with the ‘network’ of ‘home coaches’ we will work together to assist each individual to achieve personal excellence in training and competition.
|Lily Van Raay
1. Athletes must be at least 13 years of age and no older than 23 years of age at 31/12/2018 and thus eligible to race in the following racing categories:
a. ITU Youth: 13-16 years of age as at 31/12/2018. (ITU Youth A & ITU Youth B)
b. ITU Junior: 17 - 19 years of age as at 31/12/2018.
c. ITU U23: 20-23 years as at the 31/12/2018. (ITU U23 & U23 Development Professional Licence)
2. Athletes must be eligible to represent Australia.
3. Athletes must be in good standing with both Triathlon Victoria and Triathlon Australia.
4. Athletes must have a coach who is accredited by Triathlon Australia and is a current member.
- assist the athlete with the skills & resources to participate and compete at the elite level
- provide athletes with an avenue to pursue State and National representation
- provide athletes with education and experience through the TVDP coaches and affiliated experts
- provide a team environment and foster a team spirit at State and National races
NOMINATION FOR 2017-18 close May 12th 2017
- Foam Roller Workout
- Endorsement and understanding draft legal for athletes wishing to race draft legal in open, ITU junior and ITU youth
- More information on High Performance Triathlon Australia
As part of the TVDP program, participants attend training camps. Detailed via each of these links are reports from previous camps which provides you with an insight into what 'camp life' is like for athletes in the program.
Also linked here is further history of team members.